In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Acadian Archives

Railroad Station, Fort Kent, ca. 1920

Contributed by Acadian Archives
MMN Item 9713 Item Details
Railroad Station, Fort Kent, ca. 1920
MMN Item 9713 Zoom


Fort Kent Railroad Station with Fort Kent Hotel in background. Engine 204 on the right.

This railroad station opened in 1902 as the northern terminus of the Fish River Railroad and was later used by the Bangor & Aroostook Railroad. It remained in use until 1979. The station is a one-story, one-room-deep, seven-bay frame building with gable-on-hip roof and wide overhanging eaves.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.